Garlic Bread with Tomato Soup
SERVING SUGGESTION (SERVES 3)
1 Creative Foods Garlic or Brioche Bread
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup chopped celery
1/3 cup chopped carrot
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Pinch of salt
3 finely chopped garlic cloves
1 tablespoon tomato paste
3 cups vegetable broth
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1 can undrained tomatoes
1/4 cup whipping cream
Pinch a choice of herbs
1. Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat.
2. Add onion, celery, carrot, pepper, salt and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes and occasionally stir.
3. Stir in tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add broth, 1/4 cup basil and the tomatoes.
5. Heat to boiling then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
6. In blender, place the tomato mixture and blend on high speed until smooth.
7. Stir whipping cream into soup.
8. Garnish individual servings with additional basil and your choice of herbs.
9. While the soup is being prepared bake the garlic bread & serve with the soup.